Worst Semester Ever



I can't believe it's been six months since I last posted anything. It has been a crazy these last several months. Last semester was the busiest time I have ever seen. I operated on less sleep than I thought was even humanly possible. The entire semester was busy, but there were three or four weeks in a row that were especially hectic. I remember getting an average of about 10 hours of sleep during the week in that month. I would try to catch up on sleep on the weekends but I never got enough to make up for the rest of the week. I would work through the night, usually ending up going to bed around 6 am to catch a few hours before class. It was an incredibly intense semester. I would much rather have too much to do, than not enough to do.

So how do you handle it? For me, this is my semester that could kill me. But after talking with friends and handling other difficult semesters, I've found ways to keep organised that will make this semester manageable.

  1. Plan ahead - you should know when your assignments are do and properly plan out your time so you can complete them before it becomes time to cra
  2. Make to do lists - don’t let yourself forget about things that you have to do; also, it feels great to check things off of a tangible list
  3. Focus - work on one thing at a time so that you work is focused and worth your time
  4. Give yourself free time - we all need time to relax and the stress. Don't let yourself get to the point where you are burnt out and can't function
Don’t let yourself fall behind once it starts going downhill it will be hard to stop. If you feel yourself falling behind, ask for help, or keep track of assignments.

No comments: